Popular Posts

Friday 9 August 2013

Blenheim Palace Outing

Yesterday was my lovely Aunty's birthday so we all hiked up to Oxfordshire for the day...

Blenheim Palace was the home of the infamous Winston Churchill and is now a National Heritage site. It was filled with interesting history and luxury, plus I love big old country estates.
Set on the most stunning of landscapes, with miles and miles of land to wander round. We had a delicious picnic lunch and spent the afternoon becoming 'cultured'.











This was right up my Aunty's street and I'm very glad that I got the opportunity to go! Although I think it was overpriced to get into the site, there is lots to do and you get free entry for 12 months afterwards. Another family outing? It was quite the trek for us though, at least two and a half hours and there are much easier estates to get to, but overall it was a superb day!

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment