Popular Posts

Thursday 25 July 2013

5 Product Drugstore Summer Face

I've got to admit that this was a challenge for me!


Dirty mirror and proud!


I've been suffering from hay fever over the last couple of weeks so I've been trying to keep my make up as light and fresh as possible, I hate the feeling of foundation melting down my face, plus it makes me feel way more self-conscious than if I wasn't wearing any make up at all! I wore this look to meet up with some family friends for breakfast. I like it because I didn't feel as though I wasn't wearing any make up or too much for a casual occasion. I wanted to look put together and neat, I wish the same could be said for my hair, but I have honestly given up trying to tame it! It was also quick and simple to apply, around ten minutes, compared to my usual twenty-five, but I'm very slow!

In the order I applied them in:
  1. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer [Medium 3]
  2. Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil
  3. Look Beauty Triple Hit [Cool Glam]
  4. Derma Color Fixing Spray
  5. Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara [Superjet Black]
Face
This look is all about looking as pulled together and neat as possible in this ridiculous amount of heat and humidity at the moment. I love this concealer! It's so great for covering dark circles and redness around my nose from the hay fever. It's also great for doubling up as a highlight, so I smudged it down towards my cheeks for a subtle amount of glow. I just wish that they had more colours available.

My Derma Fixing Spray had to be in this post. It's one of my daily essentials and replaces powder during the summer months. I like it because it reduces shine on the face without looking cakey or overdone. It holds make up in place all day long and it's so lightweight and cooling, freaking awesome product!

Finally I had to have some form of bronzer on my face. What would summer make up be without smothering yourself in shimmery goodness? I love this little baked eyeshadow quad. The blues are very pigmented, but honestly not really my colour for this kind of look. I bought this little trio purely for the gorgeous shimmery bronze. It's so versatile because it's quite sheer but very buildable, so it can easily be used on the eyes as well as face. I love the look that bronzer gives the face, warm and summery. I used a regular kabuki brush to apply it, but that doesn't count as a "product" right?

Eyes
Lashings and lashings of mascara. What could be better? Keeping the eyes simple and clean, because I can never be bothered with loads of eyeshadows during the day. When I have an extra 10 minutes, say, in the mornings then I might add one, maybe two eyeshadow colours maximum. So when I have very limited amount of products I can use I'm not going to include eyeshadow. So applying loads of mascara is a great way to add some drama to the look. I really like this mascara, it adds loads of pow and has a true kick, making my eyelashes look big and curly, I didn't even use eyelash curlers!

Lips
Again, keeping it really simply and clean. I really love this slightly tinted lipbalm. It lasts ages and feels nourishing and has a nice pinky, slightly berry tone to it. It does taste a little strange though.

Could you survive with 5 products?
xo Belley

No comments:

Post a Comment